Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome! My most recent read is called Michal's Window, by Rachelle Ayala. This was on the Amazon free book list and was recommended to me by one of my close friends. This book is set back in the times of the Bible. There are stories of Solomon, King David, and many other persons. The story line of this book follows the life of Michal. Michal is the daughter of King Saul and falls in love with David.
When I started reading this book I wasn't sure if I wanted to finish or to continue. But it is unlike me to not continue reading a book regardless. As I was reading I kept waiting for things to happen; excitement, daring, loss, love, all things that pull you into a book. I found that the author started on these things but did not complete them.  There was much loss but there was no details about how the loss happened. There was many battles but only one detailed scene.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to feel a closer since to the Lord. But I would not recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something to dive into and get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment